High School Math Adoption
BPS will move to an integrated high school math pathway to be staged over time starting with Grade 9 students entering in the fall of 2017. This decision was based on the advantages of an integrated pathway in terms of providing more time for algebra, more opportunities to explore probability and statistics throughout each course, and more opportunities to engage with rich tasks from both algebraic and geometric perspectives. This pathway is also more consistent with the way our students are learning mathematics at the PreK – Grade 8 levels. Information about the integrated pathway is provided in this link.
Please adhere to our agreed upon measures to help students stay focused and in-task…
- Limit the passes you give to students during all periods
- Do not allow students to leave your class until the bell rings
- Do not send students to the library without a pass (one student per classroom)
- Call parents and write up any student who cuts your class
- Enforce the hat/ cellphone /electronic policy in and outside of your classrooms
- Be visible during transitions and help move students along
- Correct students when you hear obscene language
Sheriff’s Department Now Recruiting Summer Enrichment Target Audience
School-based Staff Do you know a junior or senior who may be interested in a career in law enforcement or criminal justice? Learn about this paid opportunity from law enforcement professionals while gaining experience and skills with the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department.
Deadline: May 26. Additional Information and Application available here.
Teachers must sign-in by 7:45am. At 7:46am, teachers must sign-in on the late sheet.
Please stand in the halls during transition times between classes.